Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Organize Your Jewelry: DIY style

My little homemade jewelry holders got me thinking last week about all the little ways you can organize your jewelry.


These little holders were so easy to make. Check out your local hardware store for wood trim. Then paint as desired. Screw a few cup hooks in, you will most likely need to drimmel the back of the screw off as my trim wasn't thick enough, easy fix though. Then I attached some of those 3M poster strips to the back and ta da!

There's so many other creative ways that would be easy for any novice DIYer to recreate.


How awesome is this?! And so easy I'm peeved I hadn't thought of it already! It's hard to tell but I think there are little hooks or nails all along the branches. I bet most of you have a frame laying around just begging for this!


Here is a similar idea to the one above. Here I like how it seems like they have string across the top frame to hold earrings. I never know how to organize all my earrings!


Or you can use one of those fantastic printer drawers you see at flea markets. Screw in a bunch of hooks and you have an amazing display!

How do you have your jewelry organized?


Photobucket

7 comments:

Efrat Deutsch said...

I really like the vintage look of the white frames and the idea of the branches, very pretty and feminine.

Modern handmade jewelry with an organic feel
http://www.etsy.com/shop/efratdeutsch?ref=si_shop

Efrat

Krystal {Blue Ribbon} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krystal {Blue Ribbon} said...

I did one like the white-framed one (which I found via Style At Home). The pics aren't great, but check it out! I love it! I backed it with scrapbooking paper to add some color as well

http://blueribbonstudio.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-to-world-of-blogging.html

A Story in a Box said...

love these, very cute & they double as artwork. i hang mine on an antique wire mannequin & it works really well. we need to plan something soon so we can catch up.

Sarah Greenman said...

Ooooh - i love all of these - especially the blue frame with the sticks. And the type box is great too!

XO

Unknown said...

I love all these ideas.. especially the last one for earrings. I've seen them in antique shops and always wanted to do this.

Things to Do said...

I love the idea of showing off your jewelry like this so it gets the love it deserves even when I'm not wearing it. Mine right now is all in canisters or bowls, but I so want to make something gorgeous like these!