Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Silhouettes...

The days of plain silhouettes are over! Today, it's all about giving this traditional artwork a modern twist. The possibilities are limitless. Go with pattern, color, composition anything you can dream up! And the best part of all, you can make this yourself! I'm a big believer in creating your own art or buying from indie artists. No store bought stuff for us!

Here's a little something to get your creative juices flowing!


                                                                         Source: luxeandlillies.blogspot.com via k on Pinterest













                                                                Source: bijouandboheme.blogspot.com via Brandi on Pinterest


          



I saw this picture a while back on Bijou & Boheme that I can't stop thinking about. This
would be a really fun and impactful DIY art project.

I scoped out some great wallpaper for this project from my go to source.


From Wallpaper from the 70's and only 39 Euros a roll! You would have plenty left for other fun projects!

Even though black and white is my favorite you don't have to be limited of course!


This could be fun too!

If you wanted to use some fun papers as a background on smaller silhouettes you can also buy samples for 50 cents too. Even more possibilities there!






I smell another weekend project on my list! Seriously, I need a whole week off to finish everything on my "weekend projects" list!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Things to Do said...

Those are great! What a fun twist on the silhouettes. I love the one with the plaid dress!

Fira Saturn said...

Ahhh pretty... A dancer silloutte series would be cool... I really need to restore the one I have of my mom and I when I was little... Have you seen it?

Fira Saturn said...

OMG this lady is my hero....

look at this blog

http://www.doedeereblogazine.com/