Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Come Fabric Shopping with Me! Virtually of course...

I went back to my hometown of Houston last weekend for some fun, a little shopping, a bunch of eating, and some tooth drilling (stepmom is a dental hygienist and I got the hookup, could be worse!)

Now I'm going to show you all that awesome stuff with shitty iphone pics! Yay! My car was broken into last time I went to htown so I wasn't about to bring my nice camera.

The first night BFF and I went for tapas at Andalucia's. There was a band and dancers performing.




The food was soooo good. I still can't stop thinking about it.



The entertainment was great. Everyone in the restaurant was clapping and getting into it. I love that!


I packed all these great dresses and shoes to wear out on the town and left them hanging on my closet door because I'm so awesome. Luckily BFF is my size. I just hate not being able to wear some of my awesome dresses! I have a confession to make: I have more dresses than I have tops. Is that weird? If I could never wear pants again I would be very happy.


On sunday we went to Wortham Theater to see the famous Houston Ballet perform Madame Butterfly. It was so amazing and inspiring.




Of course I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get fancy!


This is my favorite statue in Houston. Its been up for years.


And no trip would be complete without a visit to the motherland.


I've seen this fabric before and I'm still in love with it. Such beautiful green goodness. Would be great on a Mid Century chair.


Drooled over this great tassel trim for a project I have in mind.


Another possible component of said project.



This cut velvet on linen took my breath away when I turned the corner.


That is until I saw its sister on the next row. Such a perfect shade of coral-red. I die. Must find a home for this immediately. I think drapes for sure.


This desk in the clearance section begged to come home with me. But even at half off the price tag was still 1k. Sorry sweet desk, sweet sweet beautiful desk.


The accessories were a great price too. Some of the larger vases were only around $30. They were so sculptural too. Would love to see a pair flanking a mantle.


This shiny business really caught my eye. It didn't photograph well but looked great in person. Just a little shimmer on a drape would be amazing.


Same with this. It looked really organic in person. Like trees or something. So pretty.

If you see something you liked here you should definitely call them and email a pic. I have done so before and they are awesome to work with and will ship to you. Not all their fabrics are online, with four enormous floors how could it be.

Love love love this store. If I ever open a business (please dear decor gods I want to) it will be like this. Tons of unique fabrics, home goods and accessories. How does Dallas have nothing like this?!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Teuvo Vehkalahti said...

Teuvon kuvat kävi täällä

Finland

Hannah said...

I am obsessed with tapas. The boy and I are contemplating making it an every weekend thing. That desk is gorgeous, don't you hate it when even though it's a steal... it's really not a steal?

Shavonda@AHomeFullOfColor said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing snippets of your life with us. Yeah so that skirt you were wearing to see Madame Butterfly (which just so happens to be one of the best plays ever) is fabulous. I'll send you my address so you can stick it in a box and send it to me, mkay! Can't wait to see whatever secret project your working on...

court said...

can you bury me there? i love all the trimmings!