Monday, August 9, 2010

I Put the Pro in Progress

So much was done around the house this weekend it was unbelievable! I don't have pictures of the bathroom just yet. We did accomplish everything that we set out to do though. And that is always a good feeling! Here are a few pictures just for your reference.

Here is the before-before, what the bathroom look liked when we bought it.


This even after we sanded down the super textured walls...


Then the "before-after", what I've been living with so far...

Looking at the above photo we have removed the outer walls of the shower. Taken out all the tile and shower pan, the old tub (not visible) and removed the fur downs above both sink areas. We re-framed and sheet rocked everything back to normal with electrical. I ordered new vanity lights and they are on their way. I promise to take a snap after they are up!

So while my husband and father slaved away in the hot attic and worked tirelessly I tried to make myself useful. I helped to clean and haul away boards and such but other than that I was just in the way. So I decided to tackle a few long awaited projects of my own!


I painted swatches of gray in the living room...


I'm pretty sure (80%?) the one on the far left in both photos is "the one". It is Nimbus Cloud by Martha Stewart.


I also sanded and primed two dining chairs. It has been so hot I can't motivate myself to tackle this project. We had a nice afternoon shower friday so after that it was perfect outside. I'm taking my time anyways to save up the money for professional upholstery.



I also finally hung my art wall! I am most excited about this! It makes my little desk nook so cute. I have been collecting these things for about a year. As they say the waiting is the hardest part. I love how it looks though and I have plenty of space to add more!

With this type of art wall I didn't feel the need to measure. I measured the width of the wall just to get an idea of the space I needed to fill up. Then I laid it all out the floor, rearranged to my liking and started hammering. I did move one or two things a bit but no biggie.

The blue school clock is my favorite, it is from an antique store by Scott's parents lakehouse, as is the small blue butterfly print. The "S" and "B" and empty green frame are from Anthropologie and were a gift from Scott. The thin green and gold frame on the bottom was a gift from my mother in law. I cut a piece of cork and glued it in there, it will be perfect for tacking up post-its and business cards. All other items are from my various thrifting excursions.

I hope you had a good weekend too!

8 comments:

Julie Holloway said...

That is the cutest art wall! I love the colors, the placement, and that chair! I bet there is a story behind that one. Your story about the bathroom is fun, too...I love the "before-after". Nice choice of paint color, too.

Anonymous said...

looking forward to seeing pictures of the completed bathroom. Love those chairs... beautiful

A Perfect Gray said...

great pick on the gray! can't wait to see the finals!

A House and Home said...

Wow. That looks like a lot of hard work...and it's paying off. Can't wait to see it complete.

Unknown said...

Love your art wall...and the color choice on your paint! Can't wait to see the rest!

rae.ozanne said...

Desk area looks so cute! I like the Martha color of gray. Martha knows best.

Leah said...

The bathroom is really coming along and I love the desk area! I am super in love with those chairs, they are amazing!

Luvs!

La Boheme said...

You got me really excited to see the finished bathroom! I also love your choice of grey, nice! xoxo