Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Coming Around on Red

I have something to confess...

I don't much care for the color red in decor.

It used to be my FAVORITE color ever!

But for a while now I haven't cared for it. It was hard for me to work with, it felt like it overpowered everything else and was generally sucky.

But lately, I kinda like it.

The other day I even picked up this fabric swatch.


I'm smitten with its Ruby velvety loveliness.



                                                                            Source: isuwannee.com via Brandi on Pinterest




And after a quick perusal of my pinterest boards. I noticed I've pinned quite a bit of red.

                                                                           Source: theaestate.com via Brandi on Pinterest





                                                                              Source: design-crisis.com via Brandi on Pinterest



                                                                              Source: thedecorista.com via Brandi on Pinterest

                                                             Source: amberinteriordesign.blogspot.com via Brandi on Pinterest


                                             Source: design-crisis.com via Brandi on Pinterest





Source: sunset.com via Brandi on Pinterest
                                                                  Source: myfavoriteandmybest.com via Brandi on Pinterest




A lot of images actually...

This last image might have to be the inspiration for our hall bath reno. I'm thinking red and some inky blue, you know, in a non patriotic kinda way.

Are you a red lover? Have you always been?

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sarah Greenman said...

Yes yes yes yes. I love red and its all over my house. I can't get away from it even if I tried.

JLBA57 said...

I had a rather dominant red accent wall in my last house that set the tone for the rest of the decor. I swore I would never commit to red to such an extent again but I do plan on using touches in my guest room.
Nicely done blog. I found you through the Houzz feature. Congrats!