Friday, May 13, 2011

Keep Looking Up!

I often find that my favorite rooms have that little something extra. That little detail or finishing touch that makes you gush and think "Now this is a beautiful room!". For our bedroom, I'm hoping to have that little something extra on my ceiling! The options for this are so abundant and each has its own charm.

Of course I say these things even though I have yet to even pick out a wall color! But a girl can still dream and gather her hearts desires on the interwebs.

                                                                 Source: sweethomestyle.tumblr.com via Brandi on Pinterest


Our ceiling has a raised section in the center that has so much potential. I really like the idea of coming in from the edges with a design like this.

                                                                Source: designinspiration.typepad.com via Brandi on Pinterest


Then again, I could focus on the center. Butterflies aren't my thing but something radiating out would be so awesome. I picture getting just a shade lighter and more glossy than the ceiling paint to make this perfect.


                                                                      Source: designspongeonline.com via Brandi on Pinterest


But then there is something to be said for going with an all over stencil or wallpaper. Wallpaper is not in the budget for me but I like the idea of a stencil.


Source

Or I could go with the best of both worlds and do something on the sides AND the center. Yes, yes I like this. Although this person made this design with his freaking fingers! I'm not that talented!




Or I could keep it simple and go with a solid color. But then the question would be should that color be contrasting or complimentary? Oh decisions, decisions...maybe I'll just focus on the wall color for now. Our bedroom has become a veritable smorgasbord of paint swatches and I don't even feel like I'm close. My plan of action is to make my headboard, get it the room and then see what I'm feeling. Hopefully then the solution will magically present itself. Yeah right...

What would you do?

Happy Weekend!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Things to Do said...

Oh wow, I love the first two photos! Just the detail of all the butterflies! My neck aches just looking at it.

cat said...

A few tips: What ever you put on ceiling will reflect down into the room so do not go dark, even mid range. Pale, pale blue if always nice since it is the idea of shy. Some designers swear by putting a bit if the wall apint into the ceiling white to tie things together. And unless you are going to do something elaborate I would figure out the walls first. I always love bands of color at ceiling edge and then a few inches away and of course this wld be wonderful on coffered ceilings. LUV your phots and ideas. Just do it! PS: you can decoupage on the ceiling for foilage etc....
Cat

Kellie Collis said...

These are wonderful! I'm loving those butterfly stencils! Enjoy the beautiful day, Kellie xx

Unknown said...

Lovely Pictures!

ticklishfromadistance said...

I painted my porch and master ceiling a pale blue and love it.