Friday, October 14, 2011

Perks of Being a Stylist

You can take your work "home with you"!




Gorgeous Kale and Eucalyptus we used in a photo shoot cheering up my home. They looked beautiful in our photos and instead of just throwing them out we get to take them home!

Look what happened...


The top shelf of my china hutch broke in the middle of the night. On that precarious glass shelf was a collection of heirloom depression glass, champagne flutes from my parents wedding, a sugar dish from a great grandmother and wedding gifts from Anthropologie. And nothing broke! I think I may replace it with something stronger, perhaps Lucite. I'm so relieved to see my precious collection all in one piece! 

Have a lovely weekend!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

That IS a good perk!

(I admit to usually keeping accessories my clients don't want. Not free, but it's a business expense, right?)

Very lucky about your collection.

Have a great weekend,
Naomi

Kaye said...

Maybe you could screw in some additonal supports...like those clear thingies they use in cabinets?
So glad everything survived!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

That is definitely a scare and a half!!! That is some mad luck going on there! It's all absolutely gorgeous, so glad it's all in one piece!

Marcus Design said...

Oh my goodness!! It's so good that nothing broke! Scary :(

Your styling skills are impeccable :)
Nancy xo

Things To Do said...

Oh man! I was worried when I read that your cabinet broke. I'm so glad that your collection remains intact.

And I'm kind of obsessed with Eucalyptus lately. What a lovely thing to take home. The best I can do from work is post it notes. :)