Friday, October 28, 2011

Home Office Inspiration

Dear readers, a momentus occasion is upon us, the decorista's holy grail, if you will. The home office.

I've got big plans for the space already. You know how it is. You make plans and they always change, I'm ready for that. I'm excited to see where this goes!


The best thing is that the room is basically a blank slate. I'm also craigslisting all of my current office furniture.

I'm starting from scratch! Sooooo many possibilities...

So here are my current plans.


                                                                              Source: thedecorista.com via Brandi on Pinterest


I'm feeling something very dark gray. Maybe not quite this dark.


I'm very inspired by this Lonny office. I want to do a black and white office with a single pop of pink, perhaps a sofa or chair.

                                                                           Source: designsponge.com via Brandi on Pinterest


I want it to be a similar vibe to this office.

I found some floral fabric similar to this but on a gray background at Ikea. I can't find an image of it for the life of me. WTF internet? You're supposed to be my bro!


For storage, a fabulous mid-century credenza. This may take the longest to find in my price range, wish me luck!

The rest of my things will be organized in the closet. I'm going all martha on that closet. It's going to be sick.


A large table is a must for me. I like to spread out when working on a project. Plus I need room for my laptop and sewing machine as well. This is going to be a challenge since the room is not that big.

Wisteria has a good size lucite desk that I'm considering placing in front of the leaded glass windows.


This has been one of my favorite workspaces for a long time now. The desk isn't too heavy, the buffet behind is perfect with two lamps, I also have small smaller but similar gold leaves to adorn the wall!

I plan on having my office chair reupholstered as well.


I guess that's really the only piece of furniture I'm keeping!

And for the ceiling...


This chandelier that I have been coveting for a while.

What kind of home office do you have? Any tips or words of wisdom for me?

Have a great weekend!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Yea I'm feeling this! Good luck with the sideboard- those always seem to be expensive- even second hand.

LOVE those Lonny curtains.

ALR said...

I can't wait to see. Great ideas and inspiration:) Happy weekend!

Sarah Greenman said...

I love the direction you are going. Especially the dark gray in the first photo. So cool - as always.

Marcus Design said...

Oh my goodness, your inspiration is purely yummy!! I am working away on my home office as well, it's still in a crummy state currently!
Nancy xo

Things To Do said...

I wish I had a home office even 1/2 as cute as all of these! I can't wait to see what you decide, so I can get inspired to give mine a much needed facelift.