Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Official, I'm Obsessed with Rugs

This post could also be titled, "things I absolutely can't afford". Why are rugs so expensive? WHYYYYY?!?!

I mean, obviously I know why. I want a giant one, like an 8x10. I also want something pretty and totally awesome. All these things equal big money baby. And I don't have it!

This all started with this picture I posted a few weeks ago.



I saw and thought, "That's it! This is my future living room and this rug is the center of it all!"
So off I went naively thinking I could find something...I found out Angie's rug is from Madeline Weinrib aka I can't afford it. So I began looking for alternatives...and nothing!

Just look at these beautiful rugs!







I would gladly welcome any of these in my home. All from Madeline Weinrib.

I also found some other options at Burke Decor.

But at $700 it's still out of my price range!

What are your go to resources for rugs? I've checked Rugs USA and overstock along with the usual suspects but no winners so far, sadface...


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah yes, Ms. Weinrib...uniformly gorgeous! I'm of not much help but I think a rug might just be one of those things that you save and splurge on. I'm hoping for a Weinrib runner and they're actually not too out of the park at about $700. Other than that, IKEA has some good ones, as does Westelm.

white collar | green soul said...

seriously! i also do not understand this! The cheapest rugt that I have loved was IKEA and it was still $300... decent, but not when I don't really need it. I've seen some absolutely gorgeous rugs and some go up to like $4000! bah! I wish they were more afordable - I feel like it's such an under-utilized item.

- agata.

Zee said...

These purple rugs are so beautiful. I'm not really a rug person, but I would go crazy if I walked into a store room with a rack full of these.

ashlina {the decorista} said...

me too me too. esp these gorgeous purple ones. i love em. xoxo

Meghan said...

I just started reading your blog so I don't know if you're into DIY but I just read this cool tutorial yesterday on how to make your own....might help bring costs down (I've never understood how they cost so much either....). Good luck on your search!

http://blog.effortless-style.com/2010/04/diy-chevron-rug/

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

yeah I want to know the same where affordable rugs be!!!

Askari Apps said...

Everybody does not purchase an expensive DSLR blur camera to capture/snap the auto blur image.
But don’t worry we solve this problem freely. Our team makes a Blur BackgroundBlur Background - Blur image app for blurry photo.
After using this Blur background Photo Editor App you will make your photos similar to like capture with a DSLR camera