Some of you who know me personally also know that I'm a vegetarian. And those of you who are vegetarian know that it's easy to get in a food rut. So then you get creative, like this recipe from Jennifer, which inspired me to share one of my own favorite recipes given to me by Fira Saturn a few years ago. It's spicy (which you can dial up or down depending on your taste) but it's quite hearty for a vegan soup and goes great with those scoop tortilla chips.
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tbs olive oil
1 fresh jalapeno (unseeded)
2 cans vegetable broth
1 cup water
1 package frozen corn
2 pealed potatoes
1 package corn chips
1. Slice onion and cook in vegetable oil and pepper. Once slightly browned, add the (seeds removed) chopped jalapeno and sear for a bit.
2. Pour in Broth, water and potatoes (chopped into cubes) and bring to a boil.
3. Mash potatoes in soup once cooked
4. Remove from heat
5. Add frozen corn and let sit for 3 min (after stirring)
6. Garnish with cheese, cilantro and avocado
If you have some recipes share them! We could have a blogger cookbook!