Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ace Hotel; I Want to go to There

A friend sent me a link to this hotel the other day and it is just too awesome not to share!

Ace Hotel is a boutique hotel line with locations in Portland, Seattle, Palm Springs and New York City. Upon first look it's hard to imagine that this is a hotel room and not someone's apartment full of DIY projects and thrifted finds.





You will even find details not usually seen in your typical hotel, like a clawfoot tub.


And doors on sliders, such a great touch.


And because each room features vintage furniture, no two are exactly alike!

I find the rooms in Palm Springs especially inspiring...




Be still my beating heart!


A lot of the rooms feature this gauzy fabric covering a whole wall. I just love this look!


I could keep going on and on but you should check it out for yourself! So much more eye candy on their website!


Photobucket

7 comments:

Amber Interiors said...

OH MY GAWWWWDWD. I love Ace Hotel. I just posted about it the other day.. The designers are a firm called "commune"
http://www.communedesign.com/
Check out there portfolio cause its stunning. I had the pleasure of going to the Ace in palm springs a couple times before my little one was here and it's just as fab as it looks in pics.
check out my post. xoxoxox
http://amberinteriordesign.blogspot.com/2011/03/ace.html

Unknown said...

I was just going to refer to Amber's post about it but it looks like she beat me to the punch:) From all accounts, this place looks amazing!!! Would love love to go.

Anonymous said...

haha, michael and i have stayed at 3 out of 4 of them. easily THE BEST hotels ever!

the only one we haven't been to is the seattle location... which is about 10 minutes away from our house :P

-annie

Jenn said...

I really want to stay in an Ace Hotel. Amazingness! I live in Portland and have been contemplating planning a *staycation* and booking a room there for a night/weekend. :)

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

That burl wood table is calling my name. Bri...Bri...

Anonymous said...

Yum!!! Makes me want to start cooking!
Thanks for sharing a fun fact.
Have a wonderful week.
Xo,
E&J

Things to Do said...

Love these and so want to book a trip (hopefully not the room with the cat wall, I feel like it would follow me all over the room!) :)