Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dining Chair Fail + Antique Wins


Table: (licking his lips) mmm I eat tiny dining chairs like you for breakfast!
Chairs: noooo mr. dining table, I'm an antique and I wasn't meant for such a big table, it's not my fault!
Table: nomnomnomnomnom


I bought these dining chairs at Canton last week. I got all 4 for $90, I planned to paint them pewter, sand the edges, and cover the seats with awesome fabric.


But once I got them home and put them at the table I realized they don't work at all! Le sigh...they are very small visually compared to my meaty table. I would prefer something with heavier legs and a higher back. I will never find another deal as good! I will be selling them on craigslist if you or anyone you know wants them.

On a lighter note I did have other antique successes recently. For example, the lovely blue vase in the above photo. I'm now looking for glass of the same vivid blue. I think a collection of it on my black table would look stunning, only $5!


I got this wall art as well. There are different kinds of men around the clock and a small caption at the bottom that says "time of her life", get em girl!

Snagged this gold chair I put at my vanity table. The seat cover will be changed but I love the details and the sanded edges.

I also got some large vintage scarves for a dollar each that I plan to frame. Too bad they will cost like $150+ each to frame. Guess that will have to wait until later. It's crazy how expensive custom framing is. I even got a quote from Hobby Lobby when they were having a half off frame sale and it was still $$$$. It's highway robbery I tells ya!

4 comments:

Brittany C. said...

That's too bad about the chairs, but I have a feeling you'll still enjoy the hunt.
That vase and artwork are gorgeous, bonus that there's a bit of a giggle with the art, you gotta love that.

supermandy said...

when you sit in the chairs are you too low? i was thinking of some way to heighten the chair backs or something, but it's probably far more complicated than i'm imagining.

Sarah Greenman said...

The chairs don't look so tiny to me... but as supermandy pointed out, they might be too low when seated, yeah?

Unknown said...

Love that gold chair with the vanity! Even with the wrong chairs, you still found fabulous stuff!