Friday, November 20, 2009

Project Plant Stand

One of my purchases from the Round Top antique fair was this metal shelf for $15. It has a nice oriental feel to it and I thought all the different levels would make it perfect for my potted plants. It was a brassy gold color with minor rust areas but I knew it could be really cute. Last weekend it was finally warm and sunny enough to repaint!

Before:

After!



I'm not really sure what's up with the plant in upper right, it looks sad and I haven't been able to get it to perk up...

This was my first redo-type project so now I'm really looking forward to more! I will have my eye out for some things that need a little TLC next month at Canton Flea Market.

2 comments:

supermandy said...

very cute! There's a weekly flea market here on the corner near our house. I've been eye-balling this chair for weeks now. I'm trying to convince Michael all it needs is a new coat of paint...

beachvintage.com said...

You have chosen the perfect colour to paint it, well done!