Monday, March 12, 2012

The Search is Over! Found my Coffee Table!

Like many other pieces in our home, I wanted our coffee table to be special. It had to be the right size, the right color, it couldn't be wood, I preferred it to be vintage.

With requirements like that I knew it would take time. I'm sure many of you check craigslist on the daily like I do. The two things I look for are coffee tables and mid century credenzas.

The other day I found a real contender. The price was right and it had a unique look. I went to view it and am now the proud owner of a vintage coffee table!


One thing about vintage coffee tables is they are EXTREMELY short.

Scott is going to build something to raise ours up. In the meantime we are using these risers.

It's ghetto fabulous.


We can still enjoy it until that happens!

Look at the pretty burled wood. LOOK AT IT!


The plan is to build another box underneath the bottom one and cover it in brass sheet metal.

I think it will be quite nice.


I've already eaten dinner on it and enjoyed it thoroughly. It's super easy to clean, which was a must for us.


In other news, the bathroom is coming along nicely. Scott was supposed to start tiling today but they were out of subway tile. WTF!

It already looks so much bigger with the ceiling raised. I can't wait to see how much bigger it looks when we take the other fur-downs out!

Happy Monday Lovers!

Photobucket

17 comments:

Kaye said...

It is a BEAUTY!!! So glad the waiting and searching paid off. AND how about some props for that "I can do that" handyman you married :-) What a team!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Gorgeous cocktail table! I'm conducting my own search,with "small" being the main requirement! Aren't you glad you waited til the right one found you?

A Story in a Box said...

love the table, job well done!

Unknown said...

SOOOOOOO good...I mean ridiculously fabulous and I adore your plan to cover the base in sheet brass. One thing though...my coffee table is crazy low and I thought it would totally not work at all but once I packed on piles of books, accessories etc. I ended up loving the height...it's only 10.5" tall and works really well, even beside my high settee etc.

A Perfect Gray said...

I.AM.DYING.HERE. it's so awesome. and brass underneath? too good. good one, babe.

rae.ozanne said...

Looks so great! Congratulations!

court. said...

I freaking adore that coffee table. great find!

Kristin said...

Awesome find!! The burled wood almost looks like a geode. Congrats!!

Kellie Collis said...

It is looking good! I cannot wait to see it finished. Have a fabulous weekend, Kellie xx

anyaadores said...

OHH it is fantastic - I adore it:)
Happy weekend to you all,
Axx

Sarah Greenman said...

Shut your MOUTH - that coffee table is amazing. I love it so so so much.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

So much for "it couldn't be wood."

Things To Do said...

Wow, what a great find. I am all sorts of jealous over this. I can't wait to see the result once you get all your modifications done too! Gorgeous!

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Yup nice table. Also agree with Christine maybe style it up first and see before you add to it.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

YES! I was going to say wrap it in brass. Love it!!! Amazing score.

I'm seriously really happy for you right now. It's so worth it it wait for the right piece.

Anonymous said...

I've also been looking for the *perfect* coffee table, and that one would totally fit the description! Congrats on that awesome find!!