Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Year Ago Today

A year ago today I wore a beautiful dress, a pair of  fabulous purple shoes, and a flower in my hair. A year ago today we went to a beautiful historic home with a grand staircase and lovely garden. We had paisley linens, purple dahlias, and Moroccan lanterns everywhere. A year ago today all of these things and all our friends and family came together to celebrate our love and our lives together.


 
Here is a high speed video of our wedding ceremony and the backyard being switched to the reception. Notice the wandering flower girl...I love it!





"Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet. That would mean that security is out of the question. The words "make" and "stay" become inappropriate. My love for you has no strings attached. I love you for free."

I hope to have more pictures to share with you as soon as I get them from the photographer (long story, kinda my fault). But to celebrate we are spending the weekend in Vegas! I will give you a full report upon my return!

3 comments:

Sarah Greenman said...

A very very happy anniversary. Isn't marriage beautiful! Have an awesome time in Vegas!

beachvintage.com said...

How cool is that speed video....fab!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, GORGEOUS wedding! You look so beautiful, happy anniversary! Our first is June 13, and I can honestly say that I could not be happier - marriage is heaven! Love that pic of you guys in the bathtub, too, so clever!